The NanoDays 2015 digital kit contains hands-on activities and programs to engage a public audience in nanoscale science, technology, and engineering. NISE Net offers a digital download of the NanoDays kit, complete with instructions, lesson plans, supply lists, marketing materials, and multimedia files. Consider this option if you do not meet eligibility criteria, are affiliated with an organization that does not hold public events, would like to preview the contents, are located outside the United States, or want to create multiple copies of print resources. NISE Net members are welcome to download a zip file of the free NanoDays digital kit by clicking on the links below. If you would prefer not to download the entire kit, you are welcome to simply download portions of the kit, as outlined below.
Download links for the entire 2015 digital kit Zip files:
PC & Mac Download of Full 2015 Digital Kit (5 parts)
- Planing Materials (Size: 39.14 MB)
- Educational Materials (Size: 80.27 MB)
- Graphics and Multimedia (Size: 53.43 MB)
- Marketing and Promotional Materials (Size: 1006.86 MB)
- Staff and Volunteer Training Materials (Size: 235.57 MB)
What's in the 2015 digital kit zip file?
I. Digital files of documents to help you get started:
- NanoDays 2015 Planning Guide and Welcome Letter revised
- Strategies for Engaging Bilingual Audiences reference sheet
- A Guide to Building Parnerships Between Museums and University-Based Research Centers
II. Digital files of instructional guides, signs, and supplies for this year's hands-on nano activities and programs:
- Exploring Materials—Graphene revised Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Polarizers NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Stained-Glass Windows NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Thin Films Spanish!
- Exploring Nano & Society—Tell a Nano Story NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Products—Kinetic Sand NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Products—Nano Fabric Spanish!
- Exploring Products—Nano Food NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Properties—Heat Transfer NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Tools—Dress Up Like a Nanoscientist NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Tools—Transmission Electron Microscopes NEW! Spanish!
III. Digital files of educational graphics and media:
- Key Concepts Posters Spanish!
- Nano and Society Posters
- Nano Museum Labels (Graphic Signs) Spanish!
- DIY Nano App & whatisnano.org posters and give-a-way cards revised
- Presidential Decisions game (Flash-based)
IV. Digital files of marketing and promotional materials:
- NISE Network Brochure (to share with staff and collaborators)
- Large Promotional Banners, Sample Ads and Posters, Sample Press Release, and other Marketing Materials revised Spanish!
- NanoDays Promotional Video
- NISE Network Report to Partners NEW!
- NISE Net Publicity Photos revised
V. Digital files of staff & volunteer training materials:
- Nano 101 for staff
- NanoDays orientation Powerpoint slides and notes revised
- Training Video guides
- Tips for engaging visitors
- Tips for visitor conversations
- Tips for Engaging Girls reference sheet NEW!
- Tips for Engaging Girls activity specific cards NEW!
- Engaging the Public in Nano (guide to key concepts)
- NISE Network Learning Framework
- Team-Based Inquiry Guide
- Nanotechnology and Society Guide
VI. Digital files of educational media
- How Small is Nano? video
- What Happens in a Nano Lab? video
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal? revised Spanish!
- Mr. O videos: Liquid Armor NEW!, A Little Bit of Sunshine NEW!, Getting a Sense of Smell, I Got No Stains on Me, and Molecular Gastronomy Nanocoatings, Butterfly Blues, Nobel Winning Experiment
- What's Nano About....? video series: Bubbles, Chocolate, Water, Toilets
- Nano and Me video series: Aluminum, Gold, Gravity, Latex, Pants, and Silver Spanish!
- Zoom into a Blue Morpho Butterfly video
- Zoom into a Lotus Leaf video
- Zoom into a Computer Chip video
- Invisibility Cloak video
- Wonders and Worries of Nanotechnology video series: Ask and Research, Who Benefits, and Regulation
- Three Angry Scientists video
- Does Every Silver Lining Have a Cloud? video
VII. Digital files of staff and volunteer training media
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal? (Intro to Nano video) revised Spanish!
- A Museum Presentation: How NOT to Present
- A Museum Presentation: How TO Present
- Speed-Ucate: How to have an effective science and society conversation
- America’s Next Top Presenter
Training Videos for NanoDays activities and programs NEW!
- Exploring Fabrication—Electroplating
- Exploring Fabrication—Gummy Capsules
- Exploring Fabrication—Self-Assembly NEW!
- Exploring Forces—Static Electricity NEW!
- Exploring Forces—Gravity NEW!
- Exploring Materials—Ferrofluid
- Exploring Materials—Graphene NEW! 2015 kit
- Exploring Materials—Hydrogel
- Exploring Materials—Liquid Crystals NEW!
- Exploring Materials—Memory Metal
- Exploring Materials—Nano Gold NEW!
- Exploring Materials—Oobleck
- Exploring Materials—Polarizers NEW! 2015 kit
- Exploring Materials—Stained-Glass Windows NEW! 2015 kit
- Exploring Materials—Thin Films 2015 kit
- Exploring Nano & Society—Space Elevator
- Exploring Nano & Society—Tell a Nano Story NEW! 2015 kit
- Exploring Nano & Society—You Decide!
- Exploring Products—Computer Hard Drives
- Exploring Products—Kinetic Sand NEW! 2015 kit
- Exploring Products—Liquid Crystal Displays
- Exploring Products—Nano Fabrics 2015 kit
- Exploring Products—Nano Food NEW! 2015 kit
- Exploring Products—Nano Sand NEW!
- Exploring Products—Sunblock NEW!
- Exploring Properties—Capillary Action
- Exploring Properties—Electric Squeeze
- Exploring Properties—Heat Transfer NEW! 2015 kit
- Exploring Properties—Invisibility
- Exploring Properties—Surface Area NEW!
- Exploring Properties—UV Bracelets
- Exploring Size—Ball Sorter NEW!
- Exploring Size—Measure Yourself
- Exploring Size—Memory Game NEW!
- Exploring Size—Moving Molecules
- Exploring Size—Powers of Ten Game
- Exploring Size—Scented Balloons NEW!
- Exploring Size—Scented Solutions NEW!
- Exploring Size—StretchAbility NEW!
- Exploring Size—Tiny Ruler
- Exploring Structures—Buckyballs NEW!
- Exploring Structures—Butterfly NEW!
- Exploring Structures—DNA NEW!
- Exploring Tools—3D Imaging
- Exploring Tools—Dress Up Like a Nanoscientist NEW! 2015 kit
- Exploring Tools—Mitten Challenge
- Exploring Tools—Mystery Shapes
- Exploring Tools—Transmission Electron Microscopes NEW! 2015 kit
- Build a Giant Puzzle! NEW!
- "Horton Hear a Who!" Storytime
- I Spy Nano!
- Robots and People
- Try measuring little things! NEW!
- What am I? NEW!
- Would You Buy That?
Refer to the activity guide or program lession plan located online for more information (such as vendor contact info for any physical resource or consumable material, training tips, or special set-up requirements.)